LEADERSHIP IS LIFTING A PERSON’S VISION TO HIGHER SIGHTS, THE RAISING OF A PERSON’S PERFORMANCE TO A HIGHER STANDARD, AND THE BUILDING OF A PERSONALITY BEYOND ITS NORMAL LIMITATIONS.-PETER F. DRUCKER, CONSULTANT, AUTHOR
LEADERSHIP AND DIVERSITY TRAINING FOR THE WORKPLACE
Emotional Intelligence can be defined in a variety of ways but what most suits the term’s definition is our ability to recognize our own emotions, understand them, manage them and identify how they relate to the people around us. Emotional Intelligence (EI) also relates to our own perception of how others are feeling, thereby giving us the opportunity to manage our relationships effectively. Managing EI requires a level of tact and cleverness which affects how we manage our own behavior in a positive way, how we communicate effectively, our ability to show earnest empathy and defuse conflict and the personal decisions we make.
In our training, we offer insight into mastering the core skills of EI:
- Self-awareness– we teach you to recognize how your emotions affect your thoughts and behaviors and how to stay aware of how these emotions guide your tendencies
- Self-management– we give insight into ways to control impulsive feelings and behaviors and how to manage emotions in healthy ways
- Social-awareness– we provide example of how to understand the emotional needs of others; how to pick up on emotional vibes that others give off and how to comfortably recognize the social dynamics of the culture of a group or an organization
- Relationship management– we offer advice on how to develop and maintain healthy relationships both professionally and personally, how to communicate clearly, how to inspire and motivate others and how to manage conflict.
Social Intelligence, or Emotional Social Intelligence (ESI) is the coupling of emotional and social skills that influence how we perceive ourselves, and how we express ourselves, how we develop and maintain our social relationships, how we handle the challenges of these relationships and how we use the emotional information garnered through interaction to manage these social relationships in a meaningful way.
We will teach you how to incorporate the four competencies of ESI into your daily interactions with others:
- Impression Management– we’ll show you how to show your authentic self and leave a lasting, positive impression
- Discernment– we’ll help you learn the skill of using your intuition to recognize and understand the motives, feeling and opinions of the people around you
- Skilled Listening – we’ll show you how to master your listening skills to effectively manage your discernment skills and how to use auditory skills
- Conversation Aptitude– we’ll show you how to speak in a kind and interesting way and how to express yourself without dominating the conversation. We’ll also show you the importance of making people feel valued, loved and important